Little Miss Maggie

11/08/2006

Adventures in Babysitting

Chad and I looked after cousin Xander last night while Aunt Connie went out for a little over 3 hours and let me tell you, it made us rethink having more than one kid! It started out all great with Maggie and Xander playing away for about an hour,then Chad fed Xander and I Maggie and both fell asleep. Seeing as they were being so good, Chad told me to go for my run which would only take a max of 30 minutes on the treadmill in the gym in our apartment. I went not sure what was going to happen, but I took the cell phone just in case. When I got back, Chad was standing in the kitchen with both Xander and Maggie in his arms, fridge and cupboards open and all of them looking rather stressed, but no one was crying. Chad said that as soon as I walked out the door, Maggie woke up and started crying. Within 10 minutes, Xander was awake and crying. Poor Chad!
I took Maggie and fed her again and Chad fed Xander his veggies which was quite fun! But as soon as he was finished with the veggies, he wanted his mommie. Poor little guy cried and cried despite all of our cuddles and kisses, and by that time Maggie was crying again. AHHH!! We warmed a bottle for Xander and went in separate rooms and fed them again. Both of them ended up falling asleep again after feeding, Xander on Chad's chest and Maggie on mine.

We didn't move for the rest of the evening until Connie got back. When little Xander woke, he was so happy to see his mom! He laughed and jumped and even ate some of his strawberries!


All in all it was definitely an exciting evening and despite our clumsy efforts, I hope little Xander will come stay with us again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home