Little Miss Maggie

1/13/2007

Learning to eat is a slow process

We gave Maggie rice cereal for the first time on Saturday morning. I did what they said at the workshop (Introduction to Solids) and fed her breastmilk first and then the cereal, but I think she was full by the time I tried the cereal. She would only swallow a tiny, tiny bit and then push the rest out. She wasn't nearly as excited as I was :-(
That evening I tried to get her used to the spoon by putting it in my mouth as if eating from it and then to her mouth. Not the most sanitary, I know. But after about 2 minutes she was opening her mouth for the spoon.
This morning we tried her with the cereal again, but this time fed her cereal first. She was way more receptive this time and managed to swallow almost half of the little bowl I had made. I'd put the spoon right in her mouth and kind of pour the cereal in and I could tell she tasted it by the expression on her face. It's a slow, slow process and I think after trying this, Chad has a new appreciation for our mothers!
Here are some cute pics from the past few days.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home